To celebrate my Oct 7 birthday, I am sending my home-baked cookies to 7 people!! 🙂 Details in a sec. Most important… I hope you are well!! I miss seeing you all!! I am trying to focus, as much as possible, on the power of being positive, responsible, and kind. I also want to share some new videos/music and catch you up on my latest (quite varied!) projects. (Big thanks to Catherine Hunter Gould for the photo above and the solo video links below.)
– First…about the FREE cookies. I feel so blessed everyday with gifts of health, love, friendship, and musical collaborations… to name just a few … I decided to celebrate my birthday by sharing music and cookies, a few of my mainstay creations. I baked a huge batch of cookies (four varieties) last night (pic below). I will post a video late tonight/early tomorrow with instructions about how you can win some cookies and get them delivered to you. (Look for the video with the grey Libra shirt.)
– “McFatty the Catty and the Batty” – a Katz Katz Children’s Book
Yep, you read that right. I’m writing a children’s book about McFatty the Catty and her encounter with a bat. (Twas inspired by a real-life bat that visited our home recently for a three day stay.) It’s a book about the power of helping others, rather than be selfish…. a theme we need more of in our world, obviously. There will be music with the book… so stay tuned for all of that, but in the meantime…here’s some free music for you to enjoy now. 🙂
– A few videos to share -ilana katz katz solo
Here are a couple of very recent short solo videos: I hope you enjoy them! 🙂
– ilana katz katz original: “Woman, Play the Blues”
-ilana katz katz – Old Time Blues version of “Ruben’s Train”
– Collaboration – “North Mississippi Amazing Grace” by Janky
I’m honored to be featured on the final track of this special Hill Country Blues Record. I love the whole record, but it’s nice to be on Amazing Grace. We need some grace… I hope you’ll check out this track and if you like it consider buying a copy of the whole record.
– Other ilana katz katz creations: I’ve added watercolor paintings to my etsy store. Half the proceeds of the money from my paintings goes to charity: the Killer Blues Headstone Project which places headstones on the unmarked graves of Blues men and women.
I leave you with these thoughts:
I believe strongly in the power of voting. I believe in unity. I believe in hope. One of my favorite quotes is: “When you do what you did, you’ll get what you got.” Clearly, we need to do *many* different things in our world, in a variety of arenas… I send you all Hope, Love, Light and Blessings and if you feel like sending me a note. I’d love to hear from you. 🙂