Happy December… I’ve been playin’ around! :-)
I’ve been playin’ around 🙂
Happy December! I hope you are doing well and taking care of yourself during this holiday season. 🙂 I’ve had a great time, performing solo and with dear pals all over. New video link and a few special mentions and pics are below, but more is on my facebook page and upcoming performances are listed on my website.
– New subway video: My dear friends Karen Lovely and Ben Rice (Portland, OR, pictured above) wanted to come to Boston and make a video in the subway. 🙂 It finally happened! It’s a song that Karen wrote about an especially talented Bay Area subway busker, (*very* tragically, gone too young): “Punk Rock Johnny.” Click here to check out the video.
– And…Muddy Water’s eldest son “Mud” (below, left) invited me to perform with him last week at Chan’s in Rhode Island. A very special evening, indeed! The prior evening, I also performed at Chan’s as part of a wonderful group…”Ladies of the Blues and Soul.” Huge thanks to Diane Blue for that honor! (Pic below, right).
– Comin’ up… Back in the subway (tomorrow!). I’ll post my station location on my facebook page when I get there in the morning.
– New Year’s Eve: I’m returning to Pittman’s Freight Room in Laconia, NH as a special guest of Racky Thomas Band. We had a really great time last year. 🙂 Racky is *such* an amazing performer and I’m really looking forward to that (Call 627-527-0043 for reservations to Pittman’s in Laconia, NH).
– Thank you!… Blues are a brewin’ for 2019. 🙂 As we close out this year, I thank you for your love and support, and hope that the new year brings us all brighter days of greater unity. I try to remember our common denominator: the choice of human kindness, the ability to be loving toward one another. It is *always* an available choice for us. I send you all Love and Light and hope to see you soon, ilana